Message from Gherardo Ortalli, Fondazione Benetton Studi Ricerche, for the third call for paper of the Gaetano Cozzi Price for early career researchers. Winners receive not only some money but also the possibility to be published in the very beautiful and well edited review “Ludica”. Want to participate? The deadline is 31st December 2018 and the regulations are to be found below:
“As part of its long-standing support for research into games, festive events, sports and leisure activities in general up to the outbreak of World War II, the Fondazione Benetton Studi Ricerche sponsors two annual awards of 3,000 Euros each for young scholars. The awards continue in the tradition of the Foundation, which over thirty years has assigned 70 scholarships to graduates over a broad range of academic levels.
1. The Fondazione Benetton Studi Ricerche organizes a competition with two annual awards for unpublished and original studies on the history of games, leisure activities, festive events, sports and general pastimes. The competition is reserved for young scholars born in or after 1983.
2. Submissions must be unencumbered by any constraints and may deal with aspects of the above-mentioned topics and their manifestations during any period, from antiquity through to the outbreak of World War II. They may be written in Italian, English, French, Spanish or German.
3. Submissions should not exceed 40,000 characters (with spaces included) / 6,400 words, including bibliography, notes and other appendices. They may be accompanied by no more than 10 good quality images with captions and suitable references.
4. Submissions must be sent in digital format (Word and pdf) to Fondazione Benetton Studi Ricerche at: email@example.com, no later than 31st December 2018.
5. Submissions should be prefaced by a short abstract of no more than 3,000 characters. A (European template) curriculum vitae briefly outlining the author’s academic career should also be included.
6. The two awards, each for an amount of 3,000 (three thousand) Euros, inclusive of any applicable deductions, will be announced at a public meeting organized by the Fondazione Benetton Studi Ricerche in Treviso during the subsequent year. The winners will be invited to participate in the meeting as guests of the Foundation.
7. The Selection Board – comprising the members of the Scientific Committee of the journal «Ludica. Annali di storia e civiltà del gioco» and appointed by the Foundation’s Board of Directors – will, at its sole discretion, adjudicate the winners, who will be notified no later than 15th June 2019. The Selection Board may also assign Honourable Mentions to other submissions deemed of note.
8. The winning studies will be published in the original language, with indication of the Prize awarded, in the Fondazione Benetton Studi Ricerche’s journal «Ludica. Annali di storia e civiltà del gioco». The journal may also publish other submissions which, although not awarded a money prize, are nonetheless considered of particular merit.”
More infos and previous winners, check out here.